The publication ethics followed by the Journal of Environmental Studies (JES) are based on The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
For all parties involved in the process of publishing a paper in Journal of Environmental Studies (JES) (i.e., authors, editorial board, and reviewers), it is necessary to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior. To guarantee high ethical standards, all the parties should commit to these standards.
International Standards for Authors:
All authors who submit a paper to Journal of Environmental Studies (JES) are supposed to observe the international standards for authors voluntarily.
- Authors must certify that their manuscripts are their original work. Plagiarism, Duplicate, Data Fabrication and Falsification, and Redundant Publications are forbidden.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript has not previously been published and is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
- If the authors have used the work and/or words of others, the authors must ensure that the work and/or words of others are appropriately cited or quoted and identify all sources used in the creation of their manuscripts.
- When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the Journal editor to retract or correct the paper.
- Authors must notify the journal of any conflicts of interest.
International Standards for Editorial Board:
Editors and Editorial Board are required to follow the international standards for Editorial Board:
- They must keep information pertaining to all submitted manuscripts confidential.
- They are responsible for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts.
- They must strive to meet the needs of readers and authors.
- They must evaluate manuscripts only for their intellectual content.
- They must strive to constantly improve their journals.
- They must maintain the integrity of the academic record.
- They must disclose any conflicts of interest and preclude business needs from compromising intellectual and ethical standards.
- They must always be willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed.
International Standards for Reviewers:
Reviewers are also expected to meet the international standards for reviewers when they accept review invitations.
- Reviewers must keep information pertaining to the manuscript confidential.
- Reviewers must bring to the attention of the Editor in Chief any information that may be a reason to reject publication of a manuscript.
- Reviewers must evaluate manuscripts only for their intellectual content.
- Reviewers must objectively evaluate the manuscripts based only on their originality, significance and relevance to the domains of the journal.
- Reviewers must notify the Editor in Chief of any conflicts of interest.
Copyright and License
All Journal of Environmental Studies (JES) articles are published under a Creative Commons License. All authors will be presented with the option to make articles available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial (CC BY NC). Copyright in any article published by JES Open Access journal under the CC BY NC license is retained by the author(s). The Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (CC BY NC) permits the use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.